Brian Buckland's Book

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 am

65 Lotus wrote:If someone in the states or Canada wants to give me $165 USD I'll ship it to you via US mail.

Thanks Scott.

From the sounds of things I'll see if I can find one a bit less spendy. Have you completed the project you were doing?
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 65 Lotus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:32 am

Ok, thanks for the consideration!

The Elan is pretty much completed to the leve I want. Only a couple of niggling bits left. Runs great, loads of fun!
Scott In Ohio
26/3795
65 Lotus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:46 pm

65 Lotus wrote:Ok, thanks for the consideration!

The Elan is pretty much completed to the leve I want. Only a couple of niggling bits left. Runs great, loads of fun!

Cool. Wish I could say the same.

Sigh.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Jim, are you still looking for Brian's book. I believe copyright law in the UK allows me to copy say 4 pages for my personal use.

Of course the bush lawyers will let me know if I am wrong. Let me know. Hope this is of some small help.

Regards
Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:01 pm

gerrym wrote:Jim, are you still looking for Brian's book. I believe copyright law in the UK allows me to copy say 4 pages for my personal use.

Of course the bush lawyers will let me know if I am wrong. Let me know. Hope this is of some small help.

Regards
Gerry

Thanks Gerry.

Copyright law is a bit unclear in that area (termed fair use). It's pretty clear that you could copy a page or two out of a copy that you own and take them out into the shop to use, so that you don't damage the original. If you're intending to give those pages to a friend, so that he doesn't need to buy the book, that's a lot less clear.

In any event, I'd like to make sure Brian is fairly compensated for his efforts (not that I want to pay any more for a copy of the book than necessary).

BTW I'm an IP lawyer, and have practiced for almost 30 years, and I still don't pretend to understand all the intricacies of copyright law. :D
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Just to let you all know that Brian has contacted me directly, and he'll be able to satisfy my need for his book.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Jim, glad you are fixed up.

My reference to the bush lawyers was a bit off. We have a real one!

Yes, I'm all for giving Brian his due rewards for putting a great book together.

Regards
Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RodMcIntyre1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:40 am

I just received a copy of Brian's book.
First: I would like thank the member who posted his current address as I had been looking for it for some time.
Second: I regret not having purchased it first in my series of documentation purchases recently.
I can think of several books that have now become questionable after having perused Brian's book.
Even if expensive it is worth it.
If there is only one reference to obtain this is it.
My total cost was just short of 140$Can. shipped by air ( delivery took 7 days ) by DHL.
I am used to UPS at my door demanding exorbitant fees for stuff from the US.
Such was not the case with DHL, their processing fee was $7Can while I have seen $20Can for having UPS dirty their fingers on stuff of a value less than half of that of Brian's book.
The total bill at my door, included in the $140 above, was $11.46. GST and processing ... a real bargain.
Since I am in Quebec, and Quebec doesn't let the Feds touch Quebec tax money (no HST here...youpie), I get away without paying Provincial sales tax ( (7.5% saved).
To all: please don't forward this to Revenu Quebec.
Cheers
Rod
Thanks to Brian for such a useful book
RodMcIntyre1
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: