Lotus Elan Factory Workshop manual online

PostPost by: LotusArchives » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 pm

These books contain copyright so should not be reproduced with permission of Lotus Cars.

Manuals are still available from Lotus dealerships
X036T0327J - Lotus Elan workshop manual
X036T0325J - Lotus Elan parts list
X050T0327J - Elan +2 workshop manual
X050T0325J - Elan +2 parts list
LotusArchives
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:21 pm

LotusArchives wrote:These books contain copyright so should not be reproduced with permission of Lotus Cars.

:? Did you mean 'should not be reproduced withOUT permission from Lotus Cars' :?: :!:

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm

hi Andy

Is Lotus still selling the S1, S2, Coupe parts manual? Do you have ther S1 workshop manual 26T327 available? These have long been out of print, these are very useful tools for all Elan owners up through the Sprint. If these manuals are not available how can we make it so that they are. What is the price to be paid to Lotus for the priveledge to use these reference materials for ones personal use. I am not trying to be a jerk here, I just want people to be able to talk about Lotus Elans and be able to communicate effectively without have to take photos everytime we talk of a problems that are more easilly said with pictures/diagrams

Gary

p.s. Jame allington did a wonderful job of illustrating in these manuals.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LotusArchives » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 pm

The Elan books I quoted covers S1 through to S4.
LotusArchives
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Gordon, rather than an old PC, just print the section you are about to use when you need it.
I use the soft copy to help me keep my printed copy in good condition.

Just use the section you have printed, get it oily / wet / coffee stained ..... and throw it away!
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Seems like this may be worth revisiting, I know the search function is a bit of pain to use but it took me about 5 minutes to find this old post. Lots of new folks on the site and it tough to work on an Elan without a good workshop manual. If you haven't bought one you ought to, If you can't spare the change then download a copy and print it out so that you can refer to it, make notations, and in gerenal know/learn what you are doing/working on. I don't know how I could have ever got may car running without a manual over 30 years ago and I guess today I have forgotten more than I care to admit but not so much that I sometime I think I am wasting my time at certain points in my life.

Hope is all well with everyone, hope to see some folks in October at the LOG30 in Gettysburg.

Gary
Last edited by garyeanderson on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Welcome back Gary.......the forum just wasn't the same without you :lol: :wink:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Gary,

Do you have the old web addresses that are no longer available?

Sometimes it is possible to find them archived.

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Esprit2 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Have you considered Dropbox for sharing large files...
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQ0ODE4ODA5

You install a very simple, transparent client on your computer. Your account
gets 2GB of free online storage space. The local client basically creates a
folder like any other folder in My Documents, however any files you place in
that folder are automatically synced with your online storage. If you have
more than one computer with the DropBox client installed using your same
account, then all the other computers automatically receive a local copy of
the file as well. It's like having a server without having a server.

The folder on your computer has a couple subfolders, and one of them is
Public. If you place a file in the public folder, you can create a link to
the file that you can email to anyone. The recipients can click the link
and automatically obtain the file without ever needing to sign up or install
anything.

Alternatively, consider...
http://www.scribd.com/
Users need to subscribe (free), then they can upload, store, download files.

Regards,
Tim Engel
Esprit2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Large files

You can send/receive large files with http://www.yousendit.com

Upload the large file (up to 100mb) to yousendit along with a list of recipients. They send an email to the recipients who can download the file at their leisure.

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 am

Hi Brian

Thanks for the welcome but I Haven't really come back, as you say the forum isn't the same without me and it sure isn't the same with me either. I would like to say I am a total Masshole and I just don?t understand much about this evolution of elan.net, Just not too much on the site of late that is of interest to me. I seem to be a bit out of place here and don't see how I fit in the scheme of it now. I got out in my S2 Elan last week for the first time in almost a year, when I went to get the state inspection I looked at the mileage done for the last 2 years and it was 635 miles on the optimistic odometer. A rather poor showing by me but I have been flat effing broke and couldn?t spend what was needed to keep it running. Anyway I saw some questions and answers that followed of late that could have easily been answered by opening the manual. Seems like folks could use the pointer so I posted a BUMP in my own way.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I am still on a dial up line and at 26k Bits per second I won?t be uploading the early S1, S2 and Coupe parts list at 15 megaBytes or the 26 megaBytes S1 workshop manual. Besides, I don?t think there is much interest on the S1 and S2 Elan?s from what I see posted on the forum of late, I guess that?s why I haven?t put in much time here. I have said a lot in the past and most of it is still here to be read. I guess I have deleted a bit but most of it was stuff that was time dated or pointed to links that had vanished so the posts were irrelevant and made no sense.

More Later
Gary and Beauregard

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Ah, Gary, thank you for posting those link, but you partly miss the point.

Even if questions could be answered by looking at the manual, a forum like this needs a critical mass of messages otherwise it dies.

The newbies' questions keep it ticking over, so that the more expert people are here when a difficult question arises.

As for the time spent by the more expert people on answering newbie questions, that's really a case of making up for the favours long past when they were 'educated' by the then experts, it's not always possible to "pay back" a favour of that nature, so the best response is to "pay forward" {i.e. educate the next lot of enthusiasts.}

:shock:
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RedS4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm

gordont wrote:Gary - I have a copy of the manual burnt to a CD, if you want a copy just let me know and I will bung it in the post for you.

Gordon
Maaaaate - I for one would love one of your excelllent disks... :mrgreen: (please) :mrgreen:
Evan J
Elan S4 FHC RHD 36/8569 AND White Evora S..
RedS4
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: