Lotus Elan Shapecraft

PostPost by: cabc26b » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:03 pm

Ed -

Reviving your own string ? So you can continue your game of hide and seek ? I am now convinced that you are being disingenuous at everyone?s expense. Shame on you .
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:02 pm

actually its not my thread ---I was just defending my position and was curious about any information ----sorry --I'm so ashamed --- :cry: --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mopho » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:19 pm

twincamman wrote:and it will be just another unsubstantiated opinion -- 8) --ed

Just like yours :wink:
67 Elan S3
04 Caterham 7 Superlight R
www.morgansegal.com
mopho
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:16 pm

no no mine has some substantiation in a letter from lotus the race history what the car is --more than just sittin and saying no --be nice ---- :lol: ed---

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 pm

From what you say in your last post presumably you have more than one letter from Lotus about the provenance of your "Shapecraft Elan"? :?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:46 pm

Wot,no posting on here today?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:48 pm

Mopho has been around Lotus cars for a long time. He left a greeting note under the windscreen wiper of my +2 in Cambridge, Massachusetts ages ago. I seem to recall his father had Elan going back much further. You know all of the metaphors about thin ice, glass houses, etc. I have just pledged not to open this thread again. BTW, just how many 26Rs were LHD?
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:12 pm

CBUEB1771 wrote: BTW, just how many 26Rs were LHD?

As I understood it, originally zero; but we are re-writing Shapecraft history, so why not 26r history too? :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:39 am

ok ok just what do you experts think the car is ? [this should be interesting ] -- :lol: Im always interested in expert opinions ----ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 am

... Already 4105 views... This topic is going to be in the top ten!
Can't wait for the end and know about the grand total of 26R , and their a?rodynamic version ...
Christian.
Btw , and to add some humoristic touch , look at these fakes "Shapecraft", but real work cars ... and many copies with 6 cylinders!
[/img]
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:12 am

welll Old White----as I have produced a letter that admits Lotus has no idea how many cars there are that were 26Rs built--- I'm sure many people are cutting plexi glass covers for their head lights based on the drawing number [26R ] on the diff cover ---maybe another 2600 new ones are under construction now as we speak -- :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: -- now my grand dad had a chev my dad had a chev I had a chev and spent 19 years machining parts for chevys ---so according to some body's logic I'm a expert on Chevys ---NOT-- :roll: and isnt the end one a Matra?? or a Ligier??ed
Last edited by twincamman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:11 pm

... hi Twincamman,
I will not take position on the subject of your baby ...
As you said, Lotus , as many (all!) manufacturers were used to generate a mess arround their racing cars... for many reasons , crashes and timing first .
Only Ferrari , which used to sell cars right after the race or Jim Hall who kept them all , can say what and where a car is ... Eventually.
Just spend some time on the net , let's visit Chevron , Ginetta , you will discover that many manfacturers are still able to (re)produce any race car.
Even Porsche use to buy (fresh)second hand 911's for race cars to avoid custom taxes ... But who wants a racer with history to re-become a road car !?!
Besides the manufacturer of its body , the (your) problem is ; #33 is one of the most valuable 26R ... Seems to finish like the GT40 #1012 , two cars for the same number .Both accepted in historic events ... So what !?!
http://www.gt40-1012.com/
http://gt40.net/
You have an Elan , and from your side of the world you can't see the other one with the same number... You are not going to sell it are you !?!
Christian.
Ligier or Matra !?! Both survived , Ligier still produce microcars(even a racing car was presented at the Paris 2006 Show) , Matra still have a car ingeneering dept.
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Ed,

True to form. Matra and Ligier were not a Le Mans in 65-
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:18 pm

read the question ---isnt it a ----????? you see the questiom marks ???mean Im asking as I dont know -- Im afraid your post is truer to form -- :wink: ----ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:37 pm

nice try - picture clearly describes last car as Alpine - which of course you don't see or pay attention to or believe - Whatever - The Alpine is not a Matra and your elan is not a S2 26R Shapecraft. Do you understand the concept of Mutually exclusive ?
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: