Lotus Elan

Lotus speculation

PostPost by: tvacc » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:23 am

Hello all.



Check out this website and new car.. http://www.yes-roadster.net/



My spies are telling me that that we, as Lotus Owners, should watch this car
and website.





Tony Vaccaro

www.lotusowners.com <http://www.lotusowners.com/>
Tony Vaccaro
http://www.lotusowners.com
LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York)
Drive Fast Take Chances
71 Spyder Elan, ElanGTS, 93 Caterham, 05 Elise,
99 Elise190, 91 M100 Elan, 74 Europa, 72 Europa JPS #15, 68 Elan Coupe RHD
User avatar
tvacc
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: 24 Dec 2003
Location: Buffalo NY

PostPost by: Unibrain » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:06 am

Tony Vaccaro wrote:
Hello all.

Check out this website and new car.. http://www.yes-roadster.net/

My spies are telling me that that we, as Lotus Owners, should watch this car
and website.


That's not fair! I don't read German!

- Jim
'66 Lotus Elan Coupe'
'97 Caterham Seven
'05 Lotus Elan
User avatar
Unibrain
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 326
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Location: Portland, OR

PostPost by: Dave50/1 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:22 am

I don't get it- are you a dealer? Selling German-to-English dictionaries?

Comparing this 'new' German technology to our 30+ year old Elans? Is it
available in the U.S. yet?



Check out this website and new car.. http://www.yes-roadster.net/>

My spies are telling me that that we, as Lotus Owners, should watch this
car
and website.

Tony Vaccaro
Dave50/1
First Gear
First Gear
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 20 Sep 2003

PostPost by: richboyd » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:35 pm

That car looks a lot like the Audi TT. Maybe a tuner version, new
model year, etc.

At 07:06 PM 4/16/2006, you wrote:
Tony Vaccaro wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Check out this website and new car.. http://www.yes-roadster.net/
>
> My spies are telling me that that we, as Lotus Owners, should
watch this car
> and website.
>

That's not fair! I don't read German!

- Jim
'66 Lotus Elan Coupe'
'97 Caterham Seven
'05 Lotus Elan






User avatar
richboyd
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 272
Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Location: Seattle

PostPost by: "Paul C. Perkins, MD » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:45 pm

Big whoop.

Another obscenely overpriced German rocket sled.
Sure - it might be able to beat me through a corner - and leave me in a straightaway - but for as much as one will have to pay for the car - he/she DESERVES to triumph over my 40 year old technology.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Best of all - in some neighborhoods - he/she will get to see themselves coming and going several times a day!!!

On a vastly more serious note - what's the colour for the original Elan Sprint wheels. I seem to recall they were aluminum - but I'm wondering if there is a specific code or formula. Some PO painted my wheels black.

TIA

Paul
"BOJ"
"Paul C. Perkins, MD
 

PostPost by: marcfuller » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:52 pm

Sprint steel wheels were originally ... black. (Source, Robinshaw & Ross.)

At 01:44 PM 4/18/2006, you wrote:

On a vastly more serious note - what's the colour for the original Elan
Sprint wheels. I seem to recall they were aluminum - but I'm wondering
if there is a specific code or formula. Some PO painted my wheels black.

TIA
-Marc '66 Elan DHC (36/6025)
http://www.lotuselan.us
marcfuller
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 254
Joined: 14 Sep 2003
Location: Monument, Colorado

PostPost by: archigator » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:07 pm

I too have read that Sprint wheels were exclusively black, however I
have several factory brochures that show silver wheels as well, even
when the car was painted in Gold Leaf trim. I think they came both ways.

Gary
'71 Sprint
Miami, FL


___________________________________________________________________

Marc Fuller <[email protected]> wrote:

Sprint steel wheels were originally ... black. (Source, Robinshaw &
Ross.)
User avatar
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Location: Miami (down where the old gators play), Florida

PostPost by: M100 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:47 pm

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:28:45 -0400, "Tony Vaccaro" wrote:

Check out this website and new car.. http://www.yes-roadster.net/

My spies are telling me that that we, as Lotus Owners, should watch this car
and website.

It looks like a cheap Korean copy of a 911, are they using the same
designer as Lotus used on the new "Europa"?

--
Martin
72/45
--
Martin
72 Sprint DHC
User avatar
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 766
Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Location: Yorkshire

PostPost by: "Paul C. Perkins, MD » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:18 pm

--- In ***@***.***, Marc Fuller <[email protected]> wrote:

Sprint steel wheels were originally ... black. (Source, Robinshaw &
Ross.)



Hmmmmm. I suppose I might continue to go with black - though the
aluminum colour is more attractive to my (literally) eye.

Paul
"BOJ"
"Paul C. Perkins, MD
 

PostPost by: "Paul C. Perkins, MD » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:20 pm

--- In ***@***.***, "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote:
I too have read that Sprint wheels were exclusively black, however I
have several factory brochures that show silver wheels as well, even
when the car was painted in Gold Leaf trim. I think they came both
ways.


Gary
'71 Sprint
Miami, FL


Thanks!
I'm thinking of going with the silver/aluminum because I'm going to
have to paint them SOME colour - the black is flaking off and looking
a little sad. . .

Paul
"BOJ"
"Paul C. Perkins, MD
 

PostPost by: Fred Talmadge » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:32 am

My S2 has aluminium paint with chrome trim rings, not original but it
looks nice. Since a perfect stock Elan probably does not exist I
would do whatever gives you the most satisfaction.

Fred

At 05:17 PM 4/18/2006, you wrote:
--- In ***@***.***, Marc Fuller <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> Sprint steel wheels were originally ... black. (Source, Robinshaw &
Ross.)
>

Hmmmmm. I suppose I might continue to go with black - though the
aluminum colour is more attractive to my (literally) eye.

Paul
"BOJ"
User avatar
Fred Talmadge
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Location: Bellville, TX USA

PostPost by: Fred Talmadge » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:33 am

I don't know, it looked more like a modified Lotus Elise/Opel. I
didn't see who is actually making it, if it's a new start up then it
won't make it to the USA or if it does then it will be $60,000 and
with that I could buy a Europa, a Super 7 and a bigger garage!

Fred,


At 04:47 PM 4/18/2006, you wrote:
It looks like a cheap Korean copy of a 911, are they using the same
designer as Lotus used on the new "Europa"?
User avatar
Fred Talmadge
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Location: Bellville, TX USA

PostPost by: poiuyt » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:44 pm

Paint it whatever color you like. You're supposed to enjoy the
cars, not be a curator.

Steve B


--- In ***@***.***, "Paul C. Perkins, MD"
<[email protected]> wrote:
--- In ***@***.***, Marc Fuller <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> Sprint steel wheels were originally ... black. (Source,
Robinshaw &

Ross.)
>

Hmmmmm. I suppose I might continue to go with black - though the
aluminum colour is more attractive to my (literally) eye.

Paul
"BOJ"

Steve B.<br>1969 Elan S4
poiuyt
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 346
Joined: 23 Feb 2004

PostPost by: poiuyt » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:48 pm

Have them powder coated, not bpainted. Lasts flonger.

Steve B


--- In ***@***.***, "Paul C. Perkins, MD"
<[email protected]> wrote:
--- In ***@***.***, "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I too have read that Sprint wheels were exclusively black,
however I

> have several factory brochures that show silver wheels as well,
even

> when the car was painted in Gold Leaf trim. I think they came
both

ways.
>
> Gary
> '71 Sprint
> Miami, FL


Thanks!
I'm thinking of going with the silver/aluminum because I'm going
to

have to paint them SOME colour - the black is flaking off and
looking

a little sad. . .

Paul
"BOJ"

Steve B.<br>1969 Elan S4
poiuyt
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 346
Joined: 23 Feb 2004

Total Online:

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests