Page 1 of 1

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:24 am
by marcfuller
I think I'll try to get my Elan on PINKS (Lose the race, lose your ride).
Does anyone have any experience or advice in running Nitrous on a T-C and
recommendations as to how to attach wheelie bars? ;)

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:05 pm
by "Roger Sieling"
Yeah, Mark, do you know anyone who has stretched an Elan to over 150"
wheelbase. I've decided I just have to have one. Would it be better to
use a S3 FHC or a +2. Wouldn't you want your daughter to go to her prom
in an Elan. I figure that 150" WB could accomadate 3 rows of seats + the
driver compartment. Then of course I'd want some .460 lift 380 degree
cams, super close ratio gearbox and the new French 3.23: 1 final drive.
Get um to the prom super fast!







LOL/ AF!

>> ***@***.*** >>>



**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
www.mimesweeper.com
**********************************************************************

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:30 pm
by frearther
You have the question wrong. It's not an S3 OR a +2, it's an S3 AND a
+2. There would even be room for a jacuzzi.

Art
26/4934



At 08:04 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
Yeah, Mark, do you know anyone who has stretched an Elan to over 150"
wheelbase. I've decided I just have to have one. Would it be better to
use a S3 FHC or a +2. Wouldn't you want your daughter to go to her prom
in an Elan. I figure that 150" WB could accomadate 3 rows of seats + the
driver compartment. Then of course I'd want some .460 lift 380 degree
cams, super close ratio gearbox and the new French 3.23: 1 final drive.
Get um to the prom super fast!







LOL/ AF!

>>> ***@***.*** >>>



**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
www.mimesweeper.com
**********************************************************************




<>




----------
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

* Visit your group
"<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lotuselan>lotuselan" on the web.
*
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
*
<mailto:***@***.***ect=Unsubscribe>***@***.***

*
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.


----------


__________ NOD32 1.1466 (20060331) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
<http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com

Arther H. Frederick
Initial Reaction - embroidered and decorated apparel
3869 Route 66, Chatham Centre
Valatie, NY 12184
518-392-4287
***@***.***

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:36 pm
by "Clivey Boy"
You need to talk to a friend of mine. His Lotus Sunbeam has 220 bhp and when
he hits the Nitrous button an extra 150bhp. Apparently its also his daily
commuter to work.
Clive


From: Marc Fuller <***@***.***>
Reply-To: ***@***.***
To: ***@***.***
Subject: [LotusElan.net] nitrous and wheelie bars
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 01:24:43 -0700

I think I'll try to get my Elan on PINKS (Lose the race, lose your ride).
Does anyone have any experience or advice in running Nitrous on a T-C and
recommendations as to how to attach wheelie bars? ;)



nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:52 pm
by Briggs1
He must be pretty anxious to get to work.
I think I'd only need the nitrous leaving work....




-----Original Message-----
From: ***@***.***lto:***@***.*** Behalf
Of Clivey Boy
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:36 AM
To: ***@***.***
Subject: RE: [LotusElan.net] nitrous and wheelie bars

You need to talk to a friend of mine. His Lotus Sunbeam has 220 bhp and when

he hits the Nitrous button an extra 150bhp. Apparently its also his daily
commuter to work.
Clive

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:24 pm
by "pigmaster78"
Or during work!;-)

Guy Arnos
'67 S3 Elan
45/7143
'70 S2 Europa
65/2400

--- In ***@***.***, "Briggs Pletcher"
<[email protected]> wrote:
He must be pretty anxious to get to work.
I think I'd only need the nitrous leaving work....




-----Original Message-----
From: ***@***.***lto:***@***.***
On Behalf

Of Clivey Boy
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:36 AM
To: ***@***.***
Subject: RE: [LotusElan.net] nitrous and wheelie bars

You need to talk to a friend of mine. His Lotus Sunbeam has 220 bhp
and when


he hits the Nitrous button an extra 150bhp. Apparently its also his
daily

commuter to work.
Clive


nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:50 pm
by marcfuller
Roger, Yes! I wish I would have thought of that! What a beautiful
concept! I would only modify it by Arther's brilliant idea of using
both. You could have an elegant Elan limo with an open driver's
compartment by using the +2 section behind a Type 26. One could then even
take a large family along and not be distracted from the pleasure of
driving. And then pay for it by picking up fairs at the airport. Plus the
bonus money from proms and weddings.

As for my project I am wondering how much kinetic energy can be stored in
the Rotoflexes to help "slingshot" off the line and get a better hole
shot? Or would I just be better off fitting a solid rear axle from a
Mustang II?

No doubt about it these projects will help Elans regain the recognition
they deserve! Maybe someone will do something like rebody an Elise with an
Elan or Europa shell. There was a nice T-C Europa body shell on eBay......


At 06:04 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
Yeah, Mark, do you know anyone who has stretched an Elan to over 150"
wheelbase. I've decided I just have to have one. Would it be better to
use a S3 FHC or a +2. Wouldn't you want your daughter to go to her prom
in an Elan. I figure that 150" WB could accomadate 3 rows of seats + the
driver compartment. Then of course I'd want some .460 lift 380 degree
cams, super close ratio gearbox and the new French 3.23: 1 final drive.
Get um to the prom super fast!







LOL/ AF!

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:53 pm
by marcfuller
Exactly! No problem going to work, it is that 8 hour wait before you can
leave. ;)

At 08:23 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
Or during work!;-)

Guy Arnos
'67 S3 Elan
45/7143
'70 S2 Europa
65/2400

--- In ***@***.***, "Briggs Pletcher"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> He must be pretty anxious to get to work.
> I think I'd only need the nitrous leaving work....
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ***@***.***lto:***@***.***
On Behalf
> Of Clivey Boy
> Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:36 AM
> To: ***@***.***
> Subject: RE: [LotusElan.net] nitrous and wheelie bars
>
> You need to talk to a friend of mine. His Lotus Sunbeam has 220 bhp
and when
>
> he hits the Nitrous button an extra 150bhp. Apparently its also his
daily
> commuter to work.
> Clive
>

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:43 pm
by frearther
Marc,
Why not go a little farther with your idea and add landau
irons to the +2? Then the liveried chauffeur would not be
conspicuous. But where will the footman ride?

Art
26/4934


At 10:50 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:

Roger, Yes! I wish I would have thought of that! What a beautiful
concept! I would only modify it by Arther's brilliant idea of using
both. You could have an elegant Elan limo with an open driver's
compartment by using the +2 section behind a Type 26. One could then even
take a large family along and not be distracted from the pleasure of
driving. And then pay for it by picking up fairs at the airport. Plus the
bonus money from proms and weddings.

As for my project I am wondering how much kinetic energy can be stored in
the Rotoflexes to help "slingshot" off the line and get a better hole
shot? Or would I just be better off fitting a solid rear axle from a
Mustang II?

No doubt about it these projects will help Elans regain the recognition
they deserve! Maybe someone will do something like rebody an Elise with an
Elan or Europa shell. There was a nice T-C Europa body shell on eBay......


At 06:04 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
>Yeah, Mark, do you know anyone who has stretched an Elan to over 150"
>wheelbase. I've decided I just have to have one. Would it be better to
>use a S3 FHC or a +2. Wouldn't you want your daughter to go to her prom
>in an Elan. I figure that 150" WB could accomadate 3 rows of seats + the
>driver compartment. Then of course I'd want some .460 lift 380 degree
>cams, super close ratio gearbox and the new French 3.23: 1 final drive.
>Get um to the prom super fast!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>LOL/ AF!







<>




SPONSORED LINKS
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Plus&w1=Plus&w2=Sprint&w3=Devoted&w4=Enjoy&w5=Impressions&c=5&s=63&.sig=dIq6370auMI5unlj264rKg>Plus
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sprint&w1=Plus&w2=Sprint&w3=Devoted&w4=Enjoy&w5=Impressions&c=5&s=63&.sig=muI6crmvtqUoTgRYka59Rg>Sprint
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Devoted&w1=Plus&w2=Sprint&w3=Devoted&w4=Enjoy&w5=Impressions&c=5&s=63&.sig=MYr8YVWitcFnMagQQ6nJVA>Devoted

<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Enjoy&w1=Plus&w2=Sprint&w3=Devoted&w4=Enjoy&w5=Impressions&c=5&s=63&.sig=zUhOBysTd0f_oe18NDhODg>Enjoy
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Impressions&w1=Plus&w2=Sprint&w3=Devoted&w4=Enjoy&w5=Impressions&c=5&s=63&.sig=fS0z9y1WMhoC-cy_ETCXnA>Impressions



----------
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

* Visit your group
"<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lotuselan>lotuselan" on the web.
*
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
*
<mailto:***@***.***ect=Unsubscribe>***@***.***

*
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.


----------


__________ NOD32 1.1466 (20060331) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
<http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com

Arther H. Frederick
Initial Reaction - embroidered and decorated apparel
3869 Route 66, Chatham Centre
Valatie, NY 12184
518-392-4287
***@***.***

nitrous and wheelie bars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:16 pm
by "Roger Sieling"
Hey, I enjoyed our little spoof last Saturday. I hope all the listers
realized it was April 1st and time for a little jest.

>> ***@***.*** 4/1/2006 9:30 AM >>>
You have the question wrong. It's not an S3 OR a +2, it's an S3 AND a

+2. There would even be room for a jacuzzi.

Art
26/4934



At 08:04 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
Yeah, Mark, do you know anyone who has stretched an Elan to over 150"
wheelbase. I've decided I just have to have one. Would it be better
to

use a S3 FHC or a +2. Wouldn't you want your daughter to go to her
prom

in an Elan. I figure that 150" WB could accomadate 3 rows of seats +
the

driver compartment. Then of course I'd want some .460 lift 380 degree
cams, super close ratio gearbox and the new French 3.23: 1 final
drive.

Get um to the prom super fast!







LOL/ AF!

>>> ***@***.*** >>>



**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
www.mimesweeper.com
**********************************************************************




<>




----------
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

* Visit your group
"<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lotuselan>lotuselan" on the web.
*
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
*

<mailto:***@***.***ect=Unsubscribe>***@***.***


*
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.


----------


__________ NOD32 1.1466 (20060331) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
<http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com

Arther H. Frederick
Initial Reaction - embroidered and decorated apparel
3869 Route 66, Chatham Centre
Valatie, NY 12184
518-392-4287
***@***.***











SPONSORED LINKS
Plus Sprint Devoted Enjoy Impressions
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Visit your group "lotuselan" on the web.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
***@***.***
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.






**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
www.mimesweeper.com
**********************************************************************