Cheesy 26R New Rear Bumper

PostPost by: JonnyPlus2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Morning Lads, :-)
I recently received a new 26R bumper which is really lousy, even by Lotus standards. :-) I don't want to/can't return it as I'm in Canada and shipping stuff *back* across the border is extremely expen$ive.
bumper-1.jpg and
RH side. Drill bit in the bobbin hole. Angle appears to be about 30 degrees off vertical.

bumper3.jpg and
LH side. Compared to ratty old standard rear bumper. Just a bit wide.

bumper4.jpg and
Fixing ths will require trimming the bumper and rebonding in the bobbin.

bumper5.jpg and
Another view.

I think I have been ripped off as the vendor knows I can't/won't pay for the return so he gave me something that no one on his side of the border would keep. I ordered a new rear bumper not "a new rear bumper-like piece of fiberglass that will fit if you frot with it for a weekend". I think that a decent resolution would be for the vendor to refund my $$$ and pay for the return shipping. :lol: Fat chance. If they were decent they wouldn't have sold me this POS.

I am willing to settle for the vendor chargin me his cost and refunding the difference and I'll fix it myself.

As always, your thoughts, comments and (half) witticisms are eagerly awaited. Thanks.

Best, Jonny
Best,
Jonny B
36/6322
JonnyPlus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:24 pm

over the past few years I've had several new bumpers to fit on an original body (i.e. not new repro) and fit was quite bad (actually this is an understatement): whenever possible I try to reuse an original one, even at the cost of a significant number of hours to fix them.
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Have you spoken to them yet? It doesn?t seem to bear much resemblance to an original in terms of shape or bobbin. Do you have distance selling regulations your side of the pond? Who supplied it?

Btw:you might want to edit your post???

frot. Verb. (third-person singular simple present frots, present participle frotting, simple past and past participle frotted) (slang) To publicly rub one's genitals against someone for sexual gratification, especially without the other's consent or knowledge.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: