Plus2 roll cage

PostPost by: desprit dan » Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 am

Can any of you guys advise me regarding approved spec for a roll cage that I am building for my plus2, specifically the pipe dia ,wall thickness, steel type; I might as well try and get it right first time!

Had a bit of a look round on the 'net, it would appear that the main frame is 45-50mm, the wall thickness is 2.5mm (12g) and it can either be cold drawn steel or t45, if the latter, then it can be thinner tube; any input would be appreciated.
As practical as a fur lined toilet.
desprit dan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: petrolblood » Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 am

Hi Dan
Paul Matty has actually a racing +2 for sale which has a roll cage. Just ask him or the seller of the car.
http://www.paulmattysportscars.co.uk/sh ... px?id=1682

Regards
Willy

P.S. Will be lovely to see +2s in racings!
Elan +2 S130 lhd disassembled and in wait for a BDG Block
petrolblood
New-tral

PostPost by: rcraven » Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am

By "approved" do you mean approved by the MSA? In which case you ought to look at the specifications in the MSA Blue Book.
Robert
rcraven
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: desprit dan » Tue May 11, 2010 10:47 am

Hello, yes approved by the governing body FIA MSA (not sure which is which!) I'm only building this car for a bit of fun, but that may include the odd track day, or even a hillclimb event, so I wanted to get it right; I had hoped that someone here had already "been there and done it", and I could pick their brains; Yes Willy I have seen pictures of the car in question, definately an inspiration!
As practical as a fur lined toilet.
desprit dan
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: