Breather...

PostPost by: Midlife » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:09 pm

I was after any advice on the breather tube (from the back of the head). I am in the process of plumbing in the dry sump system... I was going to route the breather tube from the head to the remote oil tank and them from the oil tank take a pipe to a catch tank, or a catch tank with a breather. Would this be enough or does anyone do anything else? I have seen breather?s coming from the front cam cover?

Any advice on your breather?s would be great.

Thanks

Doug
Midlife
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: poiuyt » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 pm

I ran a gose from the breather on the right rear of the head forward past the radiator and through a hole in the floor of the fiberglass in front of the radiator.

Steve B.
Steve B.<br>1969 Elan S4
poiuyt
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:05 am

Why the rear of the camcover,most I have seen come from the front between the timing wheels (still have the old one in the shed-decided I didn't need a breather)?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Doug -

On ford dysump systems I have used a few combo's of devices. Some may be more elaborate than you actually need. at prtesent I run a a simple aranngement on my elan I breath the engine from front and back to a catch tank in the nose of the car, I also run the tank vent to the same location. I will attach a picture of slicker tank as an FYI ( it would look great if you run a small Rad with the cross brace as it gives you a nice place to mount it . )
Attachments
breather .JPG and
Elan plumbing - runs to simple catch bottle ( bike water bottle - I prefer usein a Sigg Alum. fuel bottles painted to blend in -
Rside-engine-2004.jpg and
If you have not bought you tanks yet - I got this set up from peterson ( nascar stuff) The catch tank was a slick piece - multiple fittings and a nice breather incorporated into the top - drain off the bottom -
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: