Race Viewing oppty in May 07?

PostPost by: James » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:47 am

We're visiting lotus land (England) in May; I'd like to see a bit of sports car or motorcycle racing on an interesting track. Tough question, I realize, but can someone point me to a good website or suggest a handful of race meetings that might be worthwhile checking out?
James
New-tral

PostPost by: chrishewett » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:54 am

I live near Cadwell park in Lincolnshire where you can see some great motorcycle racing. It is called the "mini Nurburgring" for reasons you will understand if you visit. They also have some good classic sportscar racing and modern racing. I have trackdayed a big TVR there which was interesting, I think it is more suited to a nimble Lotus!
Snetterton is another favorit of mine and not far from Hethel. You could combine it with a trip to the Lotus factory.
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: James » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:28 am

Chris - great idea; just the kind of info I'm looking for. One of the guys in our Lotus Car Club here in British Columbia paid for a test drive/training session of an Elise and wasn't 10-minutes away from Hethel before he had called back to Vancouver and ordered his new car. I can't afford that luxury -my 70 Plus 2 is just bordering on running now- but I've heard that there are a multitude of opportunities for weekend racers over there. I'll do some web-searching and see if I can find more info on the spots you mention. If you have any, please don't hesitate to send it.
Cheers - James.
James
New-tral

PostPost by: batfish » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:11 am

James
Check out the Historic Sports Car Club (HSCC) web site for next years racing calender. This is Englands top organiser for race meetings for 60s and 70s sports cars and single seaters.
Andy
batfish
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:34 am

Top classic racing from http://www.tophatracing.co.uk/

Very tight formula resulting in great close racing. Well worth a visit if there is a race on when you are over 8)
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: